Monday, April 7, 2008

What the heck?

I got an interesting call this afternoon from my neighbor saying that there had been a stabbing at a bus stop near my kids' school. He is a fireman and he suggested that I pick up my kids instead of letting them walk home like usual. I guess that the stabber guy was still on the loose.

Then I got freaked out because while I was at the gym this morning I forgot to lock my front door. I was sure that the stabber had an "unlocked door" radar and was hiding in my basement. I am kind of paranoid sometimes. I thought about searching my basement, but I figured I would wait for James to get home and check. So...for all I know I have some fugitive hiding in my basement right now. I did however go and pick up Christian and Taylor and they are safe and sound.

It sounds like the guy was targeting a specific person, so I am not going to lose sleep over it. It makes me nuts to think about little punk kids running around stabbing each other over a dumb fight they had. I guess the stabee is o.k., but still...give me a break! What the heck are people thinking?

May all of your basements be free of fugitives today! (I sure hope mine is!)

1 comment:

thomas family said...

Amber, you crack me up. I am just as paranoid though, I have to search our whole place before going to bed if we have been gone all day and Michael is at work.