Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Incoherent thoughts by Amber












So...I keep talking about this crazy Mystery Diagnosis show! I put a brief description at the bottom of our blog page on Averi and her bone disorder. I assume everyone that knows me has had to listen to me blabber on about Osteopetrosis, but if you haven't been lucky enough, you can read it! Anyway, we are all set for this show to go on. I will post the dates so you can all watch and make fun of us! I just talked to the lady on the phone and she told me I had to try to be serious and not giggle so much or people won't take me seriously. I just giggled and said I will try my hardest!

The next few weeks are going to be crazy, James has to travel out of town for work twice. In between both of those times we have to film this show. Christian is so mad because he has to miss his pinewood derby! I think he will be damaged for life for sure!

I have been so busy that Averi has resorted to watching T.V.! She has taken a liking to a show on Boomerang called Gerald McBoing Boing. It is a show about a boy who doesn't talk, all he does is make sounds (kind of like Averi). It is funny, she is obsessed with it. This is the first show she has ever been very interested in. Christian and Taylor stay busy enough with sports, friends and homework that they don't feel too neglected. Averi also plays piano when she is bored, I am trying to help her learn some classical songs. I can't play them really, I mostly just put a CD on and let her hear it, and then she can play it by ear. It is amazing.

I just have to say that I am so glad that my kids got James' smart genes. My kids are tons smarter than I ever was at their ages. Christian (who is in 3rd grade) reads at a 7th grade level and has already read almost 3 Harry Potter books this year, Taylor (who is in 1st grade) reads at a 5th grade level and she is the smartest one in her class, she has to go to the gifted and talented class to be challenged. I know I am being a bragger, but I am dang proud of my kids. They have had some hard times in their lives! I just love my family!

I need a word limit on this thing! I will stop the madness! Have a great one!

1 comment:

Hillman Family said...

Amber, I love to read your posts. Don't worry about length, they are great. Also, you have a right to be brag about your kids-- you are the mom. (Plus, they are exceptionally smart and cute!)
~Dayna