Saturday, April 26, 2008

Home again home again jiggity jig!






I am getting a ton more pictures to post soon!
We're Hoooooome!

O.K., it is finally done! I just have to say that it was NOT fun!!!! Here is a brief synopsis of what we did:
1st day: Hours of grueling camera interview. I had 6 hrs., James had 3, Leann had 1 1/2, and our doctor also had 1 1/2 hours interviewing. We were sitting in a director chair under bright hot lights with people and a camera staring at us. James commented to me that under those conditions he sees how people confess to crimes they don't commit. I agree.

You think it would be my dream come true to have uninterrupted talking time, but by the end, my tongue felt 3 ft. thick, and I am sure I was stuttering. I am embarrassed to even see what I said that day, James feels the same way. Of course the whole time I was worried that I had some booger hanging out of my nose, something in my teeth or cleavage hanging out on camera so I couldn't concentrate on what I was talking about. I started lisping at the end because my mouth and lips were so dry too, I felt like such a dweeb! It should be interesting for sure.
2nd day: Hours of grueling reenactment! I had to dress in scroungy clothes and do a lot of acting. No talking this day thank goodness! The hard thing was the sitting still like a statue for the camera to get the right shots. I felt so dumb, everyone was watching me the whole time. We had to make the kids act in this one. They did so good! It was fun for them, except for Caleb who had to cry the whole time-SAD! I felt so bad for him. James and Leann had to do some things this day too, they did great! Poor Roger and Leann had their house taken over, it looked so beautiful though.

I can't even really comment on the embarrassment I am going to feel watching this!
3rd day: Hours of grueling reenactment at the hospital! Ironically we ended up filming in the old BMT unit that has now been remodeled. We realized about an hour after we were there that we were in the exact room that we left from in June 2003. We didn't recognize it, but we finally figured it out. We were just in an empty "surgical recovery" room that nobody was using, but it turned out to be our old room-WEIRD! I got a little freaked out at first, but I soon got into character (which was myself so that was easy). It was a long day and I felt bad for my sister watching her Caleb play a sick baby, I think that was weird for her. She and Caleb were awesome! I love them! Our doctor was great too, he was a better actor than me for sure. Everyone did so good. Leann, James, and Jessie got to be in the show too. James did a lot of different parts.

At one point they made James play the doctor, it was funny. We kept cracking up! He had to pretend like he was doing a spinal tap, he had no clue what he was doing. Our show is so unrealistic, but it will be so spliced up nobody will know the difference. It was an interesting day, better than day 2 for sure. I am so glad that it is all over, we are all exhausted. I am never doing another television show again!

During all of this, I was driving along thinking to myself that I was mad I didn't "thin down" before this show. Then it dawned on me that I needed to be chubby to look the part of a new mom, so in my subconscious I was just trying to "fit" the part. Yeah, poor excuse, but it will maybe work this time! I decided that I have "reverse anorexia"! I think I look pretty normal in the mirror, and then I see pictures of myself and I realize that I am in denial. I don't know why I don't see the extra fat rolls in the mirror and then they show up like magic in pictures! My brain is so weird! I can't even imagine what television will make magically appear! YIKES!
I am so exhausted right now! I want to write more but I am having writers block. I will come back after I have had some caffeine and recover from the "self induced sugar coma" I am currently in. We had a lot of treats! Sorry!
P.S.--I need to thank my Mom and Jenni and Mike again for their help! I love ya!
TTFN (ta ta for now) We used to use this in high school in our "hand written notes". It is like an old version of today's text language. Yes, I am old!

5 comments:

Hillman Family said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys have been through a lot over the past few days. I am sure the show will be great.. It will help all of us learn more about Averi's disease and what you guys went through the first little bit. Please let us know when it will air or how we can get a copy.

Kjerstin said...

I just hope you didn't giggle the whole time! :) Actually, if you did that would be perfect because it would be so you! I'm positive it is going to be wonderful and I can't wait to see it! Did they give you any idea when it will air?

Pamcakes said...

I am so glad you kicked some bootie in the acting world, I can't wait to watch it. You are beautiful and you do not need to think that you have any extra rolls cuz you are GREAT!!

L and T said...

When will it air? What an experience!!

Karri said...

I might need to get your autograph, you star! I"m sure everything is going to be awesome and can't wait to see it. I'm sure you looked great! Glad you guys got home safe.