Monday, April 28, 2008

Sluffin' Church!



James thinks he is so funny putting "beware of blog" on here! When he actually "blogs" he can comment on my blogging skills! (yes James, this is a challenge!)

Yesterday was Stake Conference for our church (big regional meeting-2 hrs. long) so technically that means a day off for our family. Sitting through a 2 hour meeting with Averi would be He**, and we don't want church to be like He** now do we? If somebody makes the effort to get there we would not want to be the people to ruin their experience. So...we sluffed! Now, this is not something we are particularly proud of, but at least I'm forthright.
However, one problem we have with sluffing church is that we live across the street from our Bishop, and we don't want him to know how evil we are! We had a master plan of dressing up in our church clothes and driving around the block and getting out of the car at the same time they were getting home. We decided against that because we don't want to go to He** for deceiving our Bishop.

In the end we decided to just chill out and be "rule breakers" and enjoy the moment. We decided to roast smores in our backyard and enjoy the weather. I have to admit it was so fun and relaxing! It was a beautiful day too!
P.S.- The "show" will air sometime after June. We want to screen it before we give out too much info.

5 comments:

thomas family said...

I love it! That is totally something I would think of, to dress up and drive around the block to "deceive the bishop". You guys make me laugh. No worries, I made Michael sluff with the girls yesterday because I was too stressed with sharing time and my lesson and I hadn't done laundry so they had no dresses to wear. Anywho. We loved watching the kids, they were good, seriously and thanks by the way for the gift you guys didn't have to, but we appreciate it. Take care.

Kjerstin said...

Sweet! We had colds, so we skipped the Sunday meeting but I went to an hour and a half of the adults meeting! Does that count? Dustin had to leave for work, so I had to go home early (which my backside was grateful for. . .why are those chairs to blasted hard?). Glad your back! Did you get my nerdy invitation to the private blog?

Hillman Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun day "Sluffing"!

P.S. Yes, Amber I would love the toy from Karen. Thanks for thinking of us!
Dayna

Pamcakes said...

Stake conference totally sucks! Anyone who consistantly goes with small kids is bound to be the next Bishop. You were wise to skip it. We bagged it too!

Kam said...

Hey, those backyard s'mores look like lots of fun. The dress-up-and-drive-around-the-block routine sounds like the Amber I know and love. Remember dressing up and sneaking out your back door to go around to the front and scare Winnie? hee hee.

Um, I've also noticed from the other comments on here that you seem to be giving out "gifts" and "toys"?? Where's mine? ;) I'll send you our address, while you're feeling so generous. ha!