Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Can I be any more whiney?

I have really been slacking off on my blogging! It isn't my fault! The kids got out of school and it has totally thrown off my groove! What ever happened to year round school? Don't get me wrong, I adore my children, but they can sure drive me crazy. My biggest gripe is the fighting. I can't stand the constant bickering!

On the plus side, it is also chore season! I don't make my kids do many chores during school because they are so busy and have tons of homework every night, so I give them a break! Summer on the other hand is when I let them do chores to earn allowance. I have to admit that my house stays a lot cleaner when they are helping do the chores, what does that say about me? Probably that I am pretty lazy!

I am busier than ever right now! This week I am helping organize a blind kid family picnic, a daddy/daughter picnic for achievement day girls, and I am planning my first party for Scentsy. Oh yeah, and I am still doing stuff for this Mystery Diagnosis show! Uggggg! I really think they should pay me for all the time I have put in to this. I am like free labor to them.

O.K., this is my most important bit of information I have to share! We actually have someone lined up to finish our basement! We have lived here for 4 years now, and have saved and spent the money to do this a few times. We have planned on doing the work ourselves, I even got lumbar, sheet rock, and electrical wiring for Christmas. Alas, we have finally admitted to ourselves that we have no skills! We have a friend in the ward (he is also a fighter in the cage fights we like to watch) with the skills that we sorely lack. I will post the progress so y'all can see! I am so happy! I can finally live in my whole house, not just half of it.

Sorry about my whine fest! I am trying to have a fun summer! Happy thoughts, happy thoughts!

2 comments:

Kjerstin said...

You aren't whiney, just honest. When I fipped the calendar to June it was already packed with stuff every day. Sigh. Summer is awesome, but it may actually be busier than school! How is that possible? :)

L and T said...

you're back
how exciting to get your basement finished!