Friday, May 23, 2008

What am I thinking!?!

Today I woke up at 5:30 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep. This is always a bad situation for me to be in because my mind starts thinking and it won't shut up! My insomnia brain seems to think I am Super Woman because it starts creating irrational and impossible ideas and scenarios of things I need to do! It actually thinks I live in a world where there aren't any distractions! Here are some examples:

-"I will get up, get the kids to school, run 2 miles on the treadmill, and organize my closet, piece of cake"

-"Averi's feeding therapy shouldn't be so hard, all I have to do is start making her baby food and spending at least an hour a day working on this, no problem"

-"I should be able to make a budget and just stick to it! It's not that hard, I just need to get more organized, it's that simple"

Then my kids and James wake up and my real brain kicks in. I am usually so overwhelmed with mundane tasks, I won't do anything my insomnia brain thinks I can do. So I get up, skip running, skip any organization projects and feed Averi her baby food and stress about what I am not doing.

Well, today I actually did something irrational that my 5 a.m. brain suggested! I thought I should look for ways to earn extra spending/fun money. I don't want a real job though! So... I got up and signed up to be a Scentsy consultant! I have never done anything like that before, and James is very scared! What am I thinking!?!

So...you know who to call if you want your house to smell good! I am pretty excited. And...expect me to call many of you to come to, or host a party! It also gives me an excuse to hang out with my friends and family. I will be bribing everyone with chocolate!

P.S.- I found out that there is such thing as cookie dough withdrawl this week!

6 comments:

Kjerstin said...

I've heard wonderful things about that Scentsy stuff! I'm a little OCD about smells. . .okay a lot. Glad I'm not the only one that has world changing great ideas in the early morning hours! :)

Pamcakes said...

I am so glad you decided to do it! You always smell good, so I will trust you to make my house smell good. I know how you feel about thoughts keeping you awake. I often do that and it drives me crazy. P.S. I'd like to buy an "o".

Michelle said...

If you really do bribe with chocolate than i will totally buy stuff from you!

Karri said...

I'm so glad your a consultant. I just had a party a little bit ago, but now I know where to get my stuff. We totally got ripped off at Bunko. I was thinking the exact same thing and I didn't laugh near as hard as when I'm sittig by you! It just wasn't the same!

LeAnn said...

Hi, daughter:
You brighten my day. I want the good smelling home for sure. I also want the chocolate treat. Chocolate should be one of the good smells right.
It is now 4:30pm and this is when my brain actually starts working.
Love, Mom W.

Anonymous said...

I am a night thinker, too! I usually think about waht I have to do the next day or if Dave is gone on a trip, I lie awake thinking of ways to escape my house in the event of a disaster or how to get a robber if they break-in.