Monday, June 9, 2008

What is the cure for boredom?

What is up with the weather? I am sick of the wind and cold! I know that as soon as I post this it will be 105 degrees for the next 2 months straight! But, when it is miserable and I have the kids home all day we start going stir crazy!

Christian and Taylor have started dressing up in each others clothes for fun while Averi is starting to streak us on an hourly basis (she is a natural born nudist). Christian has decided to give Taylor piano lessons (he doesn't even know how to play piano), and I have started giving Averi at least 2 baths a day to keep her entertained (that is until she decided to poop in the tub, I guess that was supposed to be for my entertainment) . The biggest highlight of the day here is that Averi's Sit-n-Spin's batteries are almost dead and it plays the songs really weird. She is very fascinated by this, and has been sitting on it all morning. Taylor is trying to play "God Bless America" on the piano and singing along REALLY LOUD, and it is cute. However, it is making Averi mad because she doesn't like to share the piano. Christian let Taylor paint one of his fingernails, and then he gave Taylor a makeover. It kinda looked like she had camo painted on her face. I should have taken a picture really fast, it was funny.

So, now I have about 100 things I should be doing, but my will to be productive has been sapped out of me! Laundry and grocery shopping are not exactly the cures for boredom! I have also decided to stop drinking Diet Pepsi today. What am I thinking? I am totally not addicted to the caffeine, but I am addicted to the sweet taste, it is a nice treat when I am bored. We'll see how long I can last, I have about 2 cases of it in my garage calling my name!

May your day be filled with lots of excitement! I know it's out there somewhere!

7 comments:

The WIlloughby Family said...

You always make me laugh. While reading your blog I was listening to "Here Comes The Sun" and I almost teared up out of sheer pitty for you. The sun isn't coming anytime soon so I guess we will just have to live with it for a few more days!

Hillman Family said...

I feel your pain! We are going crazy at our house, too. Syd has started pushing Payton around the kitchen in her walker like it's an Indy 500 race track. At least Payton likes it! The weekend is suppose to be nice-- it better be!

Anonymous said...

It's cold and rainy up here. Where's the tanning weather? I git one farmer tan a couple of weeks ago at the kids soccer games, but that's it.
The kids get out of school this week, so the sun better come back. I know they will just want to veg in front of the TV.

As for the Pepsi addiction. Escape while you can. Dave and I are addicted to protein shakes.

2 scoops of Costco EAS Vanilla protein powder
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 1/2 cup of skim milk
Blend it...yummy.
To make it a meal, I add peanut butter to mine and Golden flax meal.

Kjerstin said...

My favorite thing lately is sitting outside all day, in the blustery wind, watching t-ball and baseball. It's so nice to have a fuzzy, frizzy, crazy hair-do all the time. Oh, oh, then there's the dust and dirt that collects in my eyeballs every day. Ahh, the joys of living here! :) See, sarcasm fixes everything!

thomas family said...

Whenever I am having a rough day, I can always turn to your blog to help me cheer up. I love how you keep changing the blog title. Today's title made me laugh.

L and T said...

Don't quit
Its zero calories
Nutrasweet can't be that bad for us, can it?

Smith Family said...

This weather is NOT Fun anymore! I am ready for HOT, SUNNY days!
I agree, when the kids are out of school I get thrown out of my groove and I am trying to get back into the swing of things. The SUN WOULD HELP!!! (minus the wind)