Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NEVERENDING HALLOWEEN!!!

 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  I don't love this holiday, but my kids sure do.  I have to say that I do benefit from having picky kids though...they hate Almond Joy candy bars!  James and I love anything with coconut, so we get their "rejected" candy.  YUMMY!

TAYLOR:
The sweetest ever!  I told her she had to use a sheet and go as a ghost and she agreed.  I accidentally cut the head hole too big though-OOPS!  Who knew her head was so dang small?!  She went with the face paint and had to sew her head hole smaller with her sewing class skills.  It was cute, she wouldn't let me sew it because she said I didn't know how  (I will keep that illusion alive as long as I can)!  I do the same thing with laundry and cooking, it works out well.  Ha ha!

This isn't from Halloween.  I found it and loved it so I had to post it. Taylor and her "mini-me" Clara.




CHRISTIAN:
I don't know what he went as, but it was gross!  He wanted a bullet entry/exit wound in his cheeks and some kind of gash in his forehead.  I don't know why...kind of morbid.  I think he takes after me that way unfortunately.  

My first attempt at special effect makeup!  Not to shabby huh?  I found out how to do this on YouTube.  Not my favorite source for information, but it was very helpful on Halloween.

 












AVERI:  
You can't tell from these pictures, but she went as a 15 yr. old witch.  The witch part is obvious, but the 15 yr. old isn't so much.  She always wants to pretend like she is 15 for some reason, so cute!  She had tons of fun.

FUNNY STORY:  I took her to KMART earlier in the day and some little kids saw her and asked her dad if she was dressed up like a blind person because she was walking with her cane!  Soooo funny! I totally need to take advantage of my built in props for next year!  I need to dress up all my kids like mice and give them canes!  Ha Ha!  I am just kidding...maybe...hmmmm!  I will keep you posted on that one.

They are so cute and we are all in crazy sugar comas now!  Cranky and tired!  I am going to bed early! James is out of town so it is Queen Mommy time!  YAHOO!  What shall I do?

5 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Amber!

I love these pictures - kind of creepy, especially Christians, it looks so real! I amazes me how much Taylor Jo and Clara look alike - I love those little stinkers! Averi is the best little "good witch" I have ever seen - she's adorable - cute story!

Hugs and Love,
Mom

Kam said...

A 15-year-old witch? That's so funny! She looks very cute, if not entirely 15! I love that you cut the sheet too big for Taylor. ha ha! No wonder she didn't want you to fix it -- you already did enough damage the first time around!! ha! And Christian... gross. But cool, I guess. I need to put up pics of our halloween, too.

LeAnn said...

I am rolling in laughter. Welcome back I have so happy to read your posts. You are amazing and should write a funny book. I am so impressed with the costumes and the gore.
Love you much and give these sweet one loves from Grandma
Enjoy your Queen Mommy moments.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Came over from your Mama's blog. :-)

The kids were so cute! Congratulations to you, for being able to do your son's *wounds*! I'd never have been able to do it.. -giggles-

Btw, both my husband and one son, are pharmacists. Your Mama has said that she has a pharmacist son in law. So, he-be your husband James. :-)

Oh and baby, with hat made by Grandmama! I adore her in that hat.

Gentle hugs,
"It is a joy to walk in the bare woods. The moonlight is not broken by the heavy leaves. The leaves are down, and touching the soaked earth, Giving off the odors that partridges love."
~ Robert Bly, Solitude Late at Night in the Woods

amber and james said...

Hi "Auntie" Sezzzzz...Thanks for visiting. Us "drug dealer" wifies need to stick together! :) The best part of the "wounds" is that my 12 year old was actually showing off to his friends something his mom did. Whatever it takes I guess. I love the hat and baby too...my mom is one talented woman! I am lucky to have her because I didn't get that gene. I love to get to get new blog buddies! Thanks!