Thursday, November 3, 2011










My whole house is falling apart!  In the last month:
1)  My bathroom toilet handle broke (which I have been flushing by opening the lid and pulling the chain)
2)  Our furnace fan broke (which I replaced with my oven with the door open for heat)
3)  Our bathtub faucet is a river (which I turn the main water off when I don't need it to save money on my water bill)
4)  My leather couch seam is coming apart (which I just look at and think I am a "redneck")
5)  AND>>>I have a huge gap where the weatherstripping came off my front door (which I throw a big towel in front of to keep my oven heat in) 

How's that for adapting?! No...I think it is the epitome of laziness!   I will find the laziest way to put a band-aid on stuff until I get around to fixing it!

 Luckily our awesome cousin Joe fixed our furnace...working like magic!  While we were waiting for parts my oven was used as a heater more than it has ever been used to cook with.  I guess it was good for something. Ha ha! 

James has been out of town all week and I really miss him!!!  I don't know why, but I am way more efficient with him gone!  I don't know if it is because I can't pawn my work off onto him or what, but I run a tight ship when I am the lone captain! We run like clockwork around here!


I guess I will go watch You Tube videos and try to learn how to repair some stuff in my spare time.  I am going to try to sew my couch together which should be very interesting...I must be really bored!! 

5 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Amber!

Dad says to tell you we have some weather stripping . . . and he is a PIPEFITTER, and I know how to sew! Please let us come over and help you, before your whole house comes apart! I also babysit, in case you and James need a night out after he gets home... ;0)

Hugs and Love,
Mom

The WIlloughby Family said...

You are a dork! hahaha, maybe while James is gone you should watch Moneypit, it will make you feel way better about yourself! Good Luck with the repairs, I fixed my washer. I learned how from YOUTUBE too! :)

The Stewart said...

Can I just say how much I love this post? Not because your house is falling apart, but because you have the best sense of humor about things!! Glad Joe could help!

Kam said...

For the couch --- duck tape.
Way to be innovative about using the oven for heat. I've seen that done. It works even better if you turn on all four burners on top, too!

I know what you mean about being efficient with the hubs out of town. Weird how that works, huh? It's the same way with me. But totally opposite when he's IN town, but so busy he can't ever come home. Weird.

Good luck with youtube. Big distraction, if you ask me. :) But fun.

LeAnn said...

LOL again! I am happy you are back blogging; I have missed you dear daughter. You should just like me when Dad used to travel. I hated it and was less motivated for sure. Why don't you write a book about your everyday life; it would be a best seller. I would buy one!
Love to you! Mom