Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dr. Seuss is sooo smart!







 *I used to think that Dr. Seuss was some weird guy who was always on drugs.  After having been alive as long as I have and after learning that my mind is as warped or even more warped than his I think I should embrace his crazy teachings!  : )  

 I do something stupid EVERY DAY!  Thank goodness I am blessed to be surrounded by people who love me anyway!  

I am trying to stop comparing myself to others and what I can't do.  I think it is SO important to teach my kids that talents come in many forms.  

 “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” 
Dr. Seuss 


I have a family with many talents that can't be seen with the eyes:
James is so hard working, wise, smart, patient, loving, spiritual and can make anything sound brilliant because of his talent with words. He is also such an adoring husband and loving father.


Christian is so sweet, smart, funny, hard working, and also has a talent with words like his dad because he is such a quick little witty thinker.  He can twist words and change perspective so quickly, he is always making me laugh

Taylor is happy, compassionate, motherly, loving, smart, and so kind to everyone.  She is like the "kid whisperer" and can play with and entertain anyone!  She is always smiling and happy.  She is just plain lovable!


Averi is so happy, funny, imaginative, innocent, sweet, smart, and loving.  She loves everyone she meets.  She remembers any kind deed done for her down to the date and time.  She doesn't even know how to be judgmental which I LOVE!!!  Everyone who meets her can't help but love her.


*I have learned a lot from having a blind child.  She can't judge people by what their outward appearances are.  She doesn't know if they have perfect features/looks, perfect body, perfect crafting/artsy skills, or a perfect home.  Averi really "sees" the person for who they are on the inside.  I wish I could always view the world from her perspective.  

I have a lot of regrets about how I have treated others in the past.  I am tormented by those memories and I have received my punishment through regret, shame and guilt!! I hope to be an example to my children and live my life in a way that I don't have to avoid someone or feel guilty for years because of the way I have acted or treated them.  

“Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.” 
Dr. Seuss

Hardships, mistakes, problems, sorrow, pain and suffering teach us strength, wisdom, compassion and happiness.  Accept trials with grace and faith and you will be able to handle what comes your way- you will also gain skills to help others in the future.



"I'm sorry to say so, but sadly it's true, that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you"
 Dr. Seuss

  
“When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad...
you should do what I do!
Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more...
oh, ever so much more...
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!”
Dr. Seuss

“And when you're alone there's a very good chance
you'll meet things that scare you right out of your pants
There are some, down the road between hither and yon,
that can scare you so much you won't want to go on.” 
Dr. Seuss 

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. "
Dr. Seuss 



 And lastly REMEMBER...

 "It's a troublesome world! All the people who're in it are troubled with troubles almost every minute. You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss

See...maybe he wasn't crazy afterall!  Hmmm...

6 comments:

The WIlloughby Family said...

I am so glad you have updated blog lately. I think James' witty thinking and wisdon has rubbed off on you. This is the best thing I have heard today....wait, actually one of the best things I have heard ALL week. You have gone through things many people can't even imagine. I admire you and I am SOOO lucky to have your wisdom and laughter to influence me everyday. I love you and I am glad you are who you are!! I love your husband and kids too, I am so glad you chose James and you have Christian, taybugs and Little Miss Ave!!!

Barb said...

Hi Amber~

Wow! You really are a deep thinker - witting and charming, and pretty and funny, and loveable! You are all those things you admire in others - no wonder I didn't sell you... ;0)

I really needed to read this post tonight - as I sit here beating myself up for not being perfect in every way! Again, you are my hero, and I love you . . . because you are soooooo you!

Hugs and Love,
Mom

LeAnn said...

Oh my gosh Amber; I loved this one. You do have such an awesome family if I can say so myself. I love everyone of you and you are the best. I can say that you are beautiful inside and out. You are creative, imaginative, fun, loving and every so funny. You always make me smile and LOL a lot. I have missed your post and am so happy you are back. You are such an awesome daughter and I love you much.
I found all of the quotes of Dr. Seuss really fun. I may have to steal one or two.
Sending love and hugs to you!Yes, love and hugs to the rest too.
We miss you all!!

Jason and Kerri Allen said...

Amber, Amber, Amber. What a great post. I love hearing about your kids and the awesome people they are turning out to be. I wish I could know them better. What wise words from a girl who always did know how to say what she was feeling. Very interesting. And I love your thoughts about Averi not being judgemental. Really made me think. I miss you...

Kerri

Kam said...

Wow. Where did you come up with all this great Dr. Seuss-ness?! Very profound, indeed! And what you wrote about all your kiddos and James was so sweet and true. What I liked best was what you said about just trying to live the best you can, and not beat yourself up. I had a very bad "mommy" night last night -- shouting at a boy who keeps throwing 3 a.m. tantrums. I have to remind myself not to judge my entire career of motherhood by my very worst moments. This was a good reminder!! Thanks.

amber and james said...

I am sorry you had a bad mommy moment last night! Everyone has bad mommy moments. I have several a day unfortunately. I agree that we just have to do our best and take one day at a time. The good thing is that your kids are still little enough they won't remember the bad moments right now. Ha ha! You are a great mom and a great friend to me. Some of this post was me regretting being a bad friend to you and Ker sometimes (and other people too). I had some bad moments for sure. I am so glad you both still like me. I am a better person because of you both! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! I am so lucky.