Tuesday, November 15, 2011

THANK WHO?

I have seen everyone writing what they are thankful for. I have been thinking of all of the many eloquent, meaningful, wise ways to express the many things I am thankful for...but that isn't the way my mind works. 

So I saw this quote on Pinterest today and I thought "A-HA"!  This is such a thought provoking question.  I think I am thankful for a million-and-one things!  I couldn't possibly get any sleep if I tried to thank Heavenly Father for everything I am thankful for!

BUT...this made me think that since yesterday was such a lazy day for me "prayerwise", I wondered what it is I would have woke up with.  I would be ashamed to post what today would have looked like if this quote came true.   YIKES!!    How embarrassed I feel today!

I need to not only remember to be thankful for my blessings everyday, but WHOM (I am trying to fool everyone into thinking I know correct grammar too, I don't even know if "whom" is right, but it sounded smart) to thank for my blessings EVERYDAY!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Amber!

Amen. I thank Heavenly Father for you and your beautiful family everyday of my life!! Love you!

Hugs and Love,
Mom

amber and james said...

Oh good...if I wake up one day and I am not here, I will haunt you! Ha ha! Just kidding! Here is another me trying to sound smart phrase:

AND I YOU...
or in other words DITTO! LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!!!

Kam said...

Ah yes, Samantha read this quote over my shoulder the other day. Since then, she's been making quite the laundry list in her prayers... If it were HER prayer that were answered this way, we'd at least have beds, pillows, clothes, food, all our family, and toys. Oh, and "everything else that we're thankful for, too." Lucky, huh? :)

btw, you're sooooo smart: "Whom" is correct, just the way you wrote it. :)

The WIlloughby Family said...

Good advise! I could totally see you haunting us....scary huh! HHAHA

LeAnn said...

Well said my dear daughter. As usual I am smiling. I am grateful for you and your sweet family of course and I say that everyday in prayers. You are all such wonderful blessings in my life.
Love you much! Mom

amber and james said...

Jess I would make ghost noises too...and wear a white sheet. I have the best the best family (I love you too LeAnn) and friends.

The other night I was so lazy all I would have woken up with is a set of keys that I prayed to find and then said thank you for. Oh yeah...Kam like Sam I would have also had "all of my many blessings". Hmmm....what would that actually include I wonder?