Monday, August 25, 2008

BACK TO WORK!

Have I actually gone this long without blogging? Wow! Well...obviously my vacation was so busy I couldn't blog, that is a good thing! Here is what we did for the rest of our vacation:

1) James and I went to Brian Regan show (he is a comedian) at Thanksgiving Point in Utah, it was funny(duh)! Then we stayed at the Little America hotel in a HUGE corner tower room! It was so much fun. Of course I forgot my camera (because that's my trademark) for the show, but I got great room pictures. Oh, and I did get my apples from the Rocky Mtn. Chocolate Factory! It was also our 12Th Anniversary! I just have to say that I love being married to James... he's the bomb!

2) It was my birthday! I turned thirty something and had such a fun time with my family! I got a Kitchen Aid! Yahoo! Now maybe I can try to cook something, or at least mix something to cook. I asked for a butler or chef but they were too expensive, so I got the tools to do it myself. I have wanted a Kitchen Aid for a long time, so it was really sweet of James and the kids to get me one! I love them!

3) Went river swimming to the St. Anthony Sand bar with Travis and Amanda (James' brother) and their kids. We all had tons of fun. What kind of Idaho hicks would we be if we didn't teach our kids to swim in the river or canal? This is no ordinary river swimming though, it has a water slide and everything. It's nothin' like the canal with a dead cow floating by that I grew up with! What a little gem! I thought it was cool. There were little fish swimming all around the kids feet, it was funny! The kids were all so cute!



4) We ate and ate and ate and ate and ate! We ate our body weight in ice cream alone. Needless to say I am on a strict diet and exercise regimen now! This makes me postal too, so watch out!


5) THE KIDS WENT BACK TO SCHOOL!!!! This has brought back a little peace and friendliness to our home! The good thing is they are at a free babysitter and they aren't getting any dumber (I hope)! They are happy too-well, sort of! Here are their reactions to returning to school! My reaction was cartwheels and fireworks!





Oh yeah, we watched the Olympics a lot too. I know rules to swimming and gymnastics scoring now, what the heck? I mostly liked it though, and not because of the guys in tights or speedos either!
Hasta La Vista Baby!

8 comments:

Kjerstin said...

FUN!!! I know, I can't believe August is over either. Call me!

Pamcakes said...

That is a good vacation. That picture of Christian cracks me up, I just want to pinch him he looks so cute!!

The Stewart said...

Oh my gosh! Christian is hilarious! It was good to see you! This weekend will be fun. I am having a stampin' up party. Do ya wanna come!?

The Halls said...

What a fun time! I love vacations even if you don't go anywhere for the whole time. I just have to say that I love Kitchen Aids and it is awesome that you got one. And Happy Birthday late!! See you this weekend!

LeAnn said...

Hi, from Mom
I am totally smiling today with your cute blog. I loved the children's reaction to going back to school. Are they cute or what!
It was awesome to see the two of you briefly while you were here. The chocolate covered apple was more than yummy.
Ask James if he remembers the camping trip that we took when we lived in Las Vegas. There was a little lake and river that the boys loved to swing out in the middle of the water and let go of the rope. I swam down the little river and there was something even worse that a dead cow; I think it has caused the many dreams I have had about poop. Gross! Therefore the thought of swimming in anything more than a very clear lake causes another dream.
Anyway, thanks for the smile today.
Love ya much! Mom

Ritch in Love said...

I am SO glad you had such a nice time at Little America! I have never stayed there. I heard it's so pretty!
And MY WORD I love "Apple Pie" apples from Rocky Mountain!! I love ANY apple from Rocky Mountain!

L and T said...

Just so you know, Louise and I really like your blog. Even if you haven't been down to st. george to visit us yet and we also know that you made it all the way to provo so you could have driven a little bit further to St. g.
And I wanted to regognize James' contribution to the blog. I happen to know that he is the mastermind behind header names. Very subtle and effective, that's his style.

L and T said...

yes, I did intend to spell it "regognize", not a typo