Monday, August 11, 2008

VACATION SMACATION!

James is taking off 2 weeks vacation. Some of you may be very jealous right now, but wait...we aren't actually going on vacation, we are staying home! To him this is good, he can be home instead of at work. To me it is better than being the only parent home all day, but it is still my workplace if ya know what I mean! Anyway, I want to keep everyone posted on what to do on "home vacations" just in case we inspire you to take one! YEAH RIGHT!

Oh yeah, I am already finished with Breaking Dawn, so now I have nothing to read! It was great though. I read it in 4 days.
DAY 1:
First, I was serenaded by Averi:
(don't forget to pause my tunes first)

This is one of the reasons we like her so much!

(I decided after viewing this video that I am going to make periodic posts about Averi's versions of songs. You know how sometimes you get song lyrics totally wrong and you laugh at what you thought it said? Well...this is how every song is to Averi- ie: Hankey Doodle. I crack up all of the time when I hear them.)

Next came our adventure to the zoo! It was so nice out, not too hot, but for some reason all of the animals were being lazy. It made me want a nap too. I was especially fascinated with the ostrich eggs because quite frankly; they are big eggs and they are cool-James made fun of me for it! The monkeys were so cute, I think they thought they are the observers and we are the animals at the zoo. We got a sno-cone on the way home-this made my day, I love sno-cones so much (especially with ice cream in them)! Not too bad of a day I guess!


Lazy animals! These pelicans were like statues.


We love to groom goats in our spare time! Have you ever noticed that goats have rectangle eye thingies? Weird! Cats eyes go vertical, goats go horizontal (I know that doesn't even probably make sense, but humor me!)! James says they are evil! I think they are like cute little puppies-that reak!!!!


I liked the ostrich eggs they are freakin' huge!

We got to bring home our own hatch lings!



Averi bonding with the little poo flinging monkey! They have a lot in common.
*Tonight might be back yard camping! Uh Oh! I can already tell how this is gonna go! I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Kjerstin said...

A stay home vacation sounds good, unless you're tired of being home. I know exactly what you mean! Maybe you can fit another little day (Sunday) trip into the two weeks off (and I'm SOOOO telling the bishop next time you do that! :)).

Ritch in Love said...

You are FUNNY! I would be a little bummed about a home vacation, I have to admit! But, at the same time since I travel for a living, I cherish being home as often as I can be there!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun to me! We enjoy camping in the back yard and visiting the city sites.

Happy belated birthday Averi! We love you!!

Love :) Aunt Tiff, Uncle Dave and cousins.

LeAnn said...

Hi, from Mom:
As usual I love the blog and the vacation looks fun too.Averi's singing is the best. I want more singing and playing the piano for sure.
Give all my kids a hug.
Love to you all! Mom