Friday, August 1, 2008

More incoherent food obsessive thoughts by Amber

Sorry, this is longer than I meant it to be! I tend to ramble!
I am so excited because in about 2 weeks James and I are going to go to SLC for our 12TH ANNIVERSARY Woohoo! We are going to go stay in the Little America Tower hotel because the Grand America was 299.00/night-ouch! And...we are going to go see Brian Regan the comedian do a show. I am so excited (did I already say that?)! We are going to go to the Tuscany Restaurant, and then we are going to just relax for a couple of days. I need some time without Averi's toilet water hands on my mouth or neck making me repeat stuff 1000 times a day, and my ears need a break from the constant "that's not fair" contest!

Don't get me wrong! I love my little kiddos, but they are really making me nuts. And of course I will miss them a ton. (P.S.-special thanks to my mom for having the courage to take them on for a couple of days!) I have had the toilet terror summer from H-E-double hockey sticks, and I have not been able to get Averi past stage 3 baby foods yet. Oh well, I just hope she isn't 21 and still having to have her college room mates or her husband feed her by hand and then change her diaper! Ewww! That is wrong on so many levels huh? GROSS!

Speaking of nuts, I forgot to mention one of my most favorite parts of our trip that actually came to me in a dream while I was at the cabin. I think it was the fresh mountain air. I had a dream about the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory caramel apples. I have never been there but a friend of mine brought some back and shared them with me one day and I have wanted one ever since. I totally forgot about them until my very realistic dream. I woke up and I was so excited I told everyone at the cabin and I promised them I would bring back the treasures and share them. So if anyone has had them and has a favorite kind, let me know.

These are not regular caramel apples that you bite into and you are afraid your teeth will get stuck in and fall out, these are special! YUMMY FOR MY TUMMY!

However, they are not figure friendly, so it looks like I need to start exercising again! I took the summer off-smart huh? Now when I go back I will be a blubbering idiot crawling on the ground in agony trying to keep up. I think I am the oldest girl in my class, so that will be my excuse. Exercise Smexercise! I probably gained 5 lbs. just talking about caramel apples, that is the funny joke my body likes to play on me! I have lost and gained the same 10 lbs. at least 100 times. So I guess you could say I have lost 100 lbs.! Cool! That's not even counting the pregnancy weight I have gained and lost. I have probably set world records and don't even know it!

Oh well, it gives me something to obsess over. I can't even imagine waking up and thinking I don't have to lose 30 lbs., so now what I am going to think about! Who knows what new obsessions I would come up with! Scary!





4 comments:

The Stewart said...

That's awesome! It sounds like fun. We saw Brian Regan in I.F. right after we were married and it was amazing. He is so funny. Sorry you didn't get to hold him! We should get together sometime so you can get to hold him. How is life treating you?

Pamcakes said...

HELLO!!! I would like to get one of those apples, now my mouth is watering. We will soon kick bootie at the gym again, so eat lots of those yummy treats!

Julie Loftus said...

Hey Amber! You made me hungry reading your blog, but that's okay, cause I also got a workout laughing at all your comments. I always get an ab workout when I'm around you! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Amber, you are hilarious. I could always use a good laugh. You know you could join Dave an train for triathlons. That's his newest plan for losing weight. It's actually becoming an obsession. He's been searching for the perfect bike for the last 3 days and watching old triathlon videos on Youtube.
He wants me to join him, but I suck at swimming so no thanks! I'd rather stick to running.