Tuesday, May 6, 2008

SSDD!

So...today I was running errands. I had a 1 hr. window to do them while Averi was at therapy, so I was in a rush. I was on the way back to pick her up and I must of been deep in thought. I all of a sudden couldn't remember if the light I just went through was green or red or what! I was so insecure and then I started to doubt if I had even ran any of my errands. I had to actually mentally rewind my last 30 min. and make sure I really did what I thought I had done! I was really scared for the safety of the public at that point! I think I just drive around in auto pilot all of the time. I go to the same places so often I can't remember if my memory was from today or last week! I have probably already wrote this blog and forgot about it! I have been known to have many blond moments so far in my life, I really worry about my mental stability!

For instance...(I know a lot of you have heard this story, sorry!) About 1 month ago I was pulling into a parking place and I thought it was a little tight, so I backed out and tried again. I still thought it was tight, so I decided to park somewhere else. I drove to a different spot and accidentally hit a rope tied to some cones. I just kept thinking that I was so lucky I didn't hit a car. Well...that evening a cop pulls up at my house and asked me if I owned an Armada and I said yes! He said that he had a report that my car had been involved in a hit and run incident earlier that day! I was like "who hit my car?"! He said that nobody hit me, and then informed me that I hit somebody's car. NO WAY! He wanted to see my car and of course he was right, I had "rubbed" along the car in the too tight of spot! I didn't even notice. I guess somebody else saw, and left a big note that I was a "hit-and-runner". I was so mad that they didn't even say anything to me! I was not a "hit-and-runner", I was a "hit-and-parker". So this is my latest blond moment. Oh yeah, on the way into my garage as we were walking along the back of my car, I was bragging to the cop how I never hit anything, and I have never even been pulled over. And that is when I noticed that he saw my broken tail light, and I thought "crap" and had to add in "except my garbage can in my driveway". He just rolled his eyes at me!

So, chalk another one up to my hair color. No offence to you other blonds. I have to have something to blame. I don't want to blame it on my malfunctioning brain. I think I need therapy now-chocolate therapy! James hid the M&M's from himself (me) so I am having a chocolate crisis right now (yes, I do self medicate with chocolate and diet Pepsi). I am going to have to search my whole house. On top of all of this, I think my house is haunted! When I got home today, my front door was open and I made sure it was closed tight when I left! Or, there could be another serial killer hiding in my basement right now! GREAT! I don't have time for that again!

The theme to my life is SSDD! This is supposed to say Same (swear word that starts with "s") different day, but since we all know that I "abstain from being profane", I changed it to SAME STUFF DIFFERENT DAY!

P.S.-Please don't ask my children about me swearing, they sometimes lie!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey at least you don't have to live with running into mom's mailbox. I will never hear the end of it!!

Kjerstin said...

You're awesome! We all get too busy and flustered, then we miss things. That's why I have to go to the store every day, because I am always rushing in and out and I forget about half of what I went in for!

The WIlloughby Family said...

You're a dork!! I hope none of your friends ask your sister about your potty mouth, I might have to be restrained with the stories I can tell!! Anyway call me when you get this and we can jazz up your blog, maybe that would give some relief to your stress...probably not, it might just cause more!

The Halls said...

Hi Amber, I am so glad that you commented on my blog, I have been looking at yours for a few weeks and your blog made me want to start one. It is fun to see how big your kids are getting and you are just so funny!! Laura

L and T said...

love the changing title

amber and james said...

The changing title is James' way of adding to my blog. I take no credit or responsibility for what may appear at the top of our blog. BEWARE!
Amber

Michelle said...

holy crap you're hilarious. I'm adding you to my blogroll, girlfriend. :) i keep scrolling down and giggling. love it.

SOOOO happy you blob stalked. peace!

Hillman Family said...

Don't worry Amber, I have memory issues, too. Sorry about the Hit and run/hit and park. Did you get a ticket?

Williams Crew said...

You are too funny!! Hey I got the video on my blog and I did it as part of the text. Looks way better! Thanks for your help. See you are helpful, not a blonde!!
Amanda

Karri said...

Oh my goodness! I love that story and I remember almost laughing to death when you told it at Bonko. I have days like that when I can't remember if I've done something or if I forgot to pick up one of my kids! I can always count on you to keep me smiling!

Smith Family said...

Yes, I think everyone can relate to these days! Loven your blog!