Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!



'Tis the season to be crazy- fa la la la la la la la la! Was that enough la's? I am lovin' this blog thing because it gives me an excuse to not send the cards that I didn't buy! I don't know if you have noticed, but I never send out cards! It's just not my thing! The truth is that I am too unorganized! So...here is my first card in years, blog style!

So, let's see, where do I start?

James still has his job. This seems to be the great accomplishment of the year! He is still working as the pharmacy manager at the hospital here. Our family is blessed to have such a good hard worker to support our family! We love and appreciate him so much! He is still the secretary of E.Q. at church which keeps him very busy too. He still play soccer when he can, and we are all looking forward to some winter sports soon. James helps me out so much! And last but not least, he is so dang cute and funny! I am constantly entertained by him.


I still have my job! As long as I have kids to take care of and clean up after, my job is pretty secure! I stay very busy herding my kids around from place to place. Since I am slightly unorganized, I tend to create extra unnecessary drama for myself on a daily basis. I love my job as a Mommy and Wife. I get to learn so many new things every day! I am actually not doing anything new to brag about at the moment. I am trying to simplify my life. I do have to brag about our basement finishing skills though. We worked so hard and we have a whole new outlook on life now.





Christian is 9 and in 4Th grade now. Christian is getting straight A's in school! He loves sports, music, reading and anything Star Wars. He is very helpful at home, and is starting to babysit for us sometimes. He is a very kind and generous boy who is very sensitive. He is also very curious, he is always asking us questions about everything.





Taylor Jo is 8 and in 2ND grade this year. She is also getting straight A's in school! She is in a Gifted and Talented program to help keep her from being bored in school. Taylor loves anything about animals! She also loves cheer leading, music, reading and socializing. She is our social butterfly! She is always happy and very generous! She is very artistic and likes to create things. She got baptized in October which was really fun for her and her dad.





Averi is in Kindergarten now. She is loving being in school every day. As always her favorite part of school is riding the bus. This year she has really gained a lot of skills. She knows her phone number, and address. She loves to spell and she really likes to have us quiz her on words and counting. She can count to 100 by 1's, 5's, and 10's. She of course loves the piano! She is still a little behind on some of her social and age appropriate stuff, but we are working on it. She is of course as sweet as ever!




We are just fat and happy here in our neck of the woods! We are actually looking forward to the new year because church starts at 11:00 instead of 9:00! We are excited to set new goals and hope that each new year brings us more success than the last!



We wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!

Here is a small glimpse of our daily life! (pause the music player)


6 comments:

Jami said...

Thanks for the update on your family. I love reading your blog! You all look fantastic. Have a very merry Christmas! Give Averi a huge hug for me...she is growing up so fast!

Ritch in Love said...

Merry Christmas Amber! I know I have your address around here somewhere. Tiff emailed it to me. But now I can't find it! So I didn't get to send you a card. Either way, Merry Christmas!!

Pamcakes said...

Merry Christmas Darth Vader!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas card. I din't send one either. Blogging is easier and it's free.

Can't wait for the 11am church, too. Hate the 9am. It's that 7am meeting once a month that get's to me.

We hope you all have a blast this new year. Maybe we'll wander on down your way some time for a visit.

Love, Tiff and Dave

Kjerstin said...

I love your kids! They must keep you entertained all day (especially when they're all home, all day like this week, huh?).

:)

LeAnn said...

Hopefully, I am not commenting twice. I wrote something and it disappeared. I really need long term insurance.
Anyway, I loved this blog. The pictures are so cute and I always smile at your writings. Dad thinks blogging is great too.
We love you all and thanks for sharing it makes the distance away not quite so far.
Love, Mom W.