Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm Baaaaa-aaaaack!

Hallefreakin'lujah! Is that disrespectful? Probably huh? Sorry! But it is really how I feel inside right now! I have been running a fever all night, so if I am incoherent, it is because I am incoherent! Anyway, I said the "aforementioned" Hallelujah because our basement is finally finished (well...mostly)! It is a dream come true!


We have had such a busy and quite crappy month actually. We have all been sick (and it feels like I am sick AGAIN), I have had kids home for 2 weeks while trying to finish up our basement before Thanksgiving (which I actually enjoyed some one-on-one time with them). We had been working until all hours of the mornings painting, tiling, and whatevering we started neglected our kids REALLY BAD! Taylor said to me one day, "mom, we don't even talk to you any more" sad huh? So...now we are veggin' out and being lazy with the kids enjoying our new house.
I need to send a "shout out" to our contractor James who did a fantastic job! He is really talented. And...to my mom and dad who helped us a ton! We are so grateful for all of the help we had. I am too tired to whine about all of the crud we encountered, but overall, everything came together surprisingly well. We are now experts at laying tile, chair railing, painting, hanging cabinets, and caulking and spackling. Well...maybe not experts, but we can do it and make it look alright I guess.
So...here are the big pictures: TA-DA....
Family room


bathroom (obviously)
Kids play room (I LOVE THIS)


reading room under the stairs in playroom


Jame's startling orange exercise room


My guestroom/office

Well, toodles for now! This won't be the last you hear from me!

P.S.-If you can read this you will find out that our Mystery Diagnosis show comes on Dec. 8th. We have previewed it, and just remember that the camera adds 30 lbs., and makes my hair look really weird. Funny huh?!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Basement looks awesome. Do you want to come do ours now:) Love the orange exercise room. It's bright!!
Sorry your sick. We've had the flu for 3 weeks. It just keeps coming back. Yuck!!

Can't wait to see the show!

:) Love, Tiff

Ritch in Love said...

Mystery Diagnosis? What channel? How cool!
I love your bright bathroom! And your toilet paper holder!

L and T said...

We've been wondering when you'd make it back to blogging. It looks great, I guess we better come and stay in that guest room and lock our kids in the playroom. What channel?

LeAnn said...

Love the basement and especially our room. Hope you feel better soon. Love you all! Mom

L and T said...

got a job opening at drmc, you should look into it, now that you have a lot of sweat equity and can buy a steal of a deal short sale in sunny st. george, did I mention sunny?