Monday, December 8, 2008

TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!!!

So...here I go whining again! WHAT'S NEW?!? (before you read this I feel I need to mention that I just took a Lortab for my violent sore throat before writing this! Read at your own risk!)

There's nothing like having your fat rolls plastered on national television to help with the getting "healthy (aka. skinny)" motivation! I guess I know what my "resolution" will be in '09! The timing of filming Mystery Diagnosis show was perfect! I got to show off the 25 lbs. I had found that had been lost in the 12 months prior to us filming that show! Thank goodness I found them, my belly, butt and chin were feeling naked! The good news is that I think I am enjoying being a happy fat person more than I was enjoying being a "thinner mean, evil, starving, cranky woman"! I don't know if it's worth the humiliation though. I doubt that James enjoys the permanent PMS symptoms I experience when I am starving myself either-it's a "catch 22"! I always have the back up plan of eating milkshakes every meal until I'm eligible for lap band- that could be fun! I would be able to have my cake and eat it too-if you know what I mean-(wink wink)! JUST KIDDING! With my luck I would die of a sugar coma before I could get the lap band and I would be too embarrassed to attend my own funeral-how mortifying! NOT A GOOD PLAN!

Our T.V. debut tonight was overall pretty good! I was annoyed about some of the info. they changed and the weird stuff they made us say. They made me look like a cold hearted snake! Worst of all they plastered my hair to my forehead so I didn't have flyaways on film. COME ON PEOPLE! I sat in a directors chair for 6 HOURS and I could have really used a makeup person and a xanax, not a hairspray person! What ever happened to airbrushing?

HOWEVER...

I am so blessed to have spent that time with my family and it is wonderful that Averi's story is out there for other people to learn from! I thinkmy family did a great job, and I am so grateful for the time that everyone took to help with the show! I love seeing the video, and it is great family history stuff. Thanks a million to everyone again! We love ya! When I am dying, I won't remember my fat rolls, but I will cherish every second spent with my family. I AM TRULY BLESSED!

Sorry about whining! Dang it! It just comes SO natural! Does anyone want to join a "biggest loser" club with me? I promise I won't make you wear spandex and put your fat rolls on national television!

9 comments:

Jami said...

So I really wanted to watch the special...but it was no where to be found on Utah television. At least not on mine. I'm sure you looked absolutely gorgeous as you always do. Give little Averi a squeeze from me! Miss you guys!

GFMouse said...

I think you guys did an awesome job. It was a lot of work filming huh, we did the show filming earlier this year in April. My son was featured on 11/24 (the woman with the giant lump). Hopefully you saw our episode? And I think your hair looked fine.
tylerjourney.blogspot.com

LeAnn said...

Daughter of mine; you must write a book. I know I will be laughing all day; but at least I won't have a headache.
Love you much! Mom W.

thomas family said...

Hey, we watched the show, it was great! Seriously, I thought everyone looked good and sounded good. Mom told me about some of the things they did wrong that bugged you guys, it is weird that they did those things, but overall it was really good, I even learned stuff I didn't know.

Anonymous said...

We watched the show and loved it! The kids got to know more about why Averi is blind. It was so cool to see you all on TV. We recorded it!
The kids think Christian is a super-hero for saving Averi. You guys are famous:)

Kjerstin said...

I didn't get to see it, but I got to see Averi at school yesterday! I was at a training meeting (which we escaped from for a minute to brainstorm!) and Averi and her teacher walked by. I decided not to interupt by talking to her. Do you have the tv episode on tape or something? Are you feeling any better this week?

Pamcakes said...

I can't wait to see the show, I will come borrow the tape soon. And by the way I think you are totally hot so you better stop saying that youre not!!! P.S. can you come to church tomorrow cuz I miss you. ha ha

Ritch in Love said...

How can I see it?! I was stuck in Las Vegas trying to fly home!

The Turnarounds said...

Amber, thanks for your oh so funny blog! And thank you for your thoughtful comment and encouragement. It's always nice to have connections with other moms who can relate.
Sherrie (my sister) watched your debut for me (since I am currently in a 2'x3' room and she LOVES the show anyways). She even commented on how thin and good you looked. I am totally serious!! So either you must be a size 2 w/o those 25 pounds or way too hard on yourself, or both. Hope that made your day!! (: