Friday, September 19, 2008

1+1 = ?????

So...lately a few things have come to my attention. The first thing is that I am not very smart-well, at least at math! My first clue was having a hard time helping my kids with their math homework (how embarrassing)! I want to go back to nursing school, but as I was going over some entrance exam practice tests and got to the math, I felt like I was reading ancient Egyptian writing or something! I have definitely gotten dumber with age. I missed most of the practice questions, so it looks like I need to have Christian or Taylor tutor me a little.

The second thing I realized is that I am really a very weird and air headed person! This may not come as a surprise to most of you, but I have been in denial and now I see the light! While thinking of my kids and all of the weird ideas they have that are so funny, I remembered the weird things I thought when I was younger. I came up with a few and I will let you all be the judge:

1) When I was 7 I believed that I was a cat in a past life. I believed I could speak cat language and that my cat could understand me!

2) I believed that if I poked my belly button my legs would fall off, and that if I ate bread crust I would grow hair on my chest! (these are things my grandpa told me as a joke, and I bought into it)

3) I thought the smurfs lived in the forest behind our family cabin in Island Park and spent many hours trying to find them.

4) When I was younger I wanted to be either the President of the United States or a mortician. I am so jealous of Sarah Palin because I wanted to be a mom and President, but I know I couldn't handle that kind of stress! So now I would settle for being a nurse or a ghost hunter. Those are my dream jobs. Mortician is still on the list though, I think it is because I went to so many funerals as a child, I just figured I should get a job there! Who knows?!?

5) One of my secret desires is to be able to see dead people-only nice ones though. I would love to be able to send messages to people from the other side. I know it's weird, but it would be sooo cool!

6) The airhead stuff I don't have to explain. I make a fool of myself enough to have an experience with everyone I meet, so just remember the last time you talked to me and you will have your own example of my blondeness!

So...it is official! I am a weird blonde. What's new? I just had to confess these things that I have had bottled up for so long!

Here is a cute video of one of my brilliant children (thank goodness they got James' smart genes).

5 comments:

Pamcakes said...

she is so smart. I can't believe she can say that so fast. I love that you thought your belly button would fall off, I think you are smart and so don't say your a dumb blond cuz I am sure I got ya beat!!

Elizabeth said...

Amber:

Thank you for the comment regarding my niece. We are all still very sad, but slowly coming to terms with the lose.

Thanks also for the update on the house. I sure hope it sells soon.

The boys wanted me to have you say hello to Christian and Taylor back. They miss being able to go next door and play.

I check your blog each week and I always get a laugh out of it. You are too funny.

We like it here in NC. Its not Montana, but it will do while we are still in the Marine Corps. Monte is leaving on Monday for three weeks. He and his unit are going up to Virgina for some training. It seems so weird having him go out into the field again, seeing him in a uniform everyday etc. I'm definitly having to get used to being back in the fleet, but I am glad to be back. Recruiting was just too hard on Monte.

Well, you and the family take care too.

Beth :)

Jason and Kerri Allen said...

Am - Tell Averie she is awesome at the pledge! I love your thoughts on life when you were younger. Very inspiring! That is interesting about you wanting to see dead people. Hmm. You should talk to someone about that.
Love,
Ker

Kjerstin said...

So cute! During Primary today I heard Averi say "Where's Kjerstin?" and it made my day! She's so sweet!

Julie Loftus said...

I can't believe how much Averi has grown up. You probably don't like to hear that about your baby girl, though. You are not a weird blonde at all! Definitely a funny, entertaining blonde, though. I'll see ya at Bunko next month!