Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I guess agriculture ain't the only culture 'round these parts after all!!!!

This last weekend we got culturized! I done went to a symphony with James. We sat on the grass, we ate steak, salmon and cheesecake from Outback Steakhouse (them was good vittles). We also got a treat of listenin' to the best darn fiddle player in the whole US of A! Now this is somethin' I could get used to! It was free to boot! Can I just tell y'all that free dates are the best dates! I forgot my camera again! Dang it all!

Oh my gosh! I almost forgot to mention our visit to the Eastern Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot Idaho! This a cultural experience that would turn even the strongest stomachs! Man...why do all of the freaks come out to the fair (what if I am a freak and I am in freak denial-this is a lot to think about)? We saw more back and neck hair on some people than we saw in the animal barns. However, the animals appeared to have better dental plans. I taught the kids my secret weapon of pretending that the "Carnies" are invisible so they don't get duped into the money wastin' games! I was so proud, they didn't even make eye contact once! I am an expert by the way, I grew up going to the fair dodging many freaks! Overall, I learned that I am a germophobe, and I have a touch of social anxiety! I do love the scary rides though, and I had nobody brave enough to go on them with me! Wimps! Maybe next year!
May your week be filled with culturization!

7 comments:

Pamcakes said...

hey, just so ya know, it looks like you had way more fun at the fair than we did. I felt yucky, but we still ate lots of food. You are adventurous and went on lots of fun rides!!

Hillman Family said...

Hey, you cultured snob, (j/k) I guess we should have gone to the fair with you, sounds like we all made about the same comments! Gotta love those tiger ears though!

Kjerstin said...

Oh Amber, you make me laugh! We didn't attempt the fair this year, so I'm a little sad about not getting to eat a bucket of grease. Oh well, I can enjoy it through your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

I am going out to the fair tomorrow for Mike and Sarah' school field trip. It should be an unforgettable experience. Can't wait! Glad you all had some good times.

Love, Tiff

Williams Crew said...

We had fun at the fair too!! I did end up trying the flying saucer thing that makes you stick to the wall, Justice, Austin & Ethan made me go. I was so nervous, but I did it. I ended up being sick to my stomach for a little while after, but they had fun watching me!! Memories!!
Amanda

Karri said...

Looks like you had fun. We went to the Poison concert. Rock on! And ate yummy yummy food. We'll see you Wed.

Kam said...

The Fair is the coolest thing EVER! I'm so glad you went for me this year. I went to the Western Idaho State Fair with Brian, and it wasn't NEARLY as AWESOME -- no freaks or anything! I totally would have gone on the scary rides with you (remember the Zipper?), and you know I can say NO to Carnies! Hope you had a big Tiger Ear for me, and ice cream from that little red barn where you have to wait a year in line!