Friday, April 6, 2012

GIRL'S TRIP!



 HOLY COW!  I took a girl's trip with some of my BFF's Geniel Faumuina, Andrea Newby, and Jenn Byg.  We have been friends for years.  Gen was actually one of my long time college roomies and we roomed together for 3 years.  We were joined at the hip and it was like sawing off one of my arms when we had to part! 


We decided to go to Island Park and ride snowmobiles.  We rented a cabin and 4 sleds and set out on a little (BIG) adventure!  Luckily I have spent MANY, MANY days of my life in Island Park, or else we would have gotten lost for sure! We rode from Phillip's Lodge all the way to Mesa Falls.  We thought we would have seen a lot of people, but nope!  Not one soul but us!  I was so nervous because I have a HUGE bear phobia.  The grizzlies are coming out  of hibernation with their babies and the mommy Mooses are calving (having babies).  I knew we would be killed by one of them for sure!


Oh yeah!  I forgot to mention the wolves are everywhere too. 

We only got stuck 1 time when Gen accidentally fell off a little cliff nose first!  We spent 2 hours lifting that sucker out of being stuck in 3 different places.  It weighed over 700 pounds.  We are "SheWomen"!  I am so proud of us!  It was worth the adventure though.


L to R:  Becky Matson Muir, Kamber Hone Bishop, Me, Andrea Camargos Newby, and Gen Ballard Faumuina at Mesa falls in 1995.  I love theses ladies!  This is a very blurry picture!  WOW!

Me, Gen, Andrea, and Jenn Byg hiked down to the falls again 17 years later!  We can still make it. 
Luckily we made it home with all of our limbs and only one trip to the E.R.!  I can't wait to do it again next year!

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Ok, that was way too much fun! I am very happy that you had such a good time. I know you need breaks.
Hugs and love to you!
Mom

Barb said...

Hi Amber!

What fun pictures, you will remember that trip for a very long time!! I'm so glad you had fun, and came home in one piece! How's Gen doing?

Hugs and Love,
Mom

Kam said...

That looks like such a fun trip. I am laughing to think of you guys trying to get the snowmobile unstuck... If it were me, I'd probably still be out there, frozen solid, like "call of the wild."

That's so awesome that you still keep in touch and are such good friends with everybody. Next trip I think you and Ker and I should do something! :)