Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring whine fest 2009

Warning!!! This is going to be a WHINY blog post!

I NEED AN ASSISTANT!!! You know like those high power worker people who have a little helper that does all of the details for them? I need one of those! I am tired and overwhelmed by the list of things I have to do to help little Averi! Of course I would do anything for any of my kids, but Averi's list is just A LOT harder! These are my problems:

1) I need to potty train her.

2) I need to teach her how to chew food! She still only eats baby food!

3) I need to make her some braille books.

4) I need to figure out where she is going to go to kindergarten.

Just one of these tasks is too much for me! I am not competent to do these things! Averi is obsessed with flushing the toilet, so potty training is almost impossible! She refuses to eat real food and barfs when I try to make her!

I don't remember my braille very good, so it will take me 10 times longer to make braille books! And...last but not least KINDERGARTEN!!! I have to send her to ANOTHER year of kindergarten because of her social issues!

This all really needs to be done by the end of the summer! How does one accomplish such tasks and still clean the house, do laundry, pay bills, chauffeur kids around, and make meals? I am baffled! I wasn't born with the mechanism to organize and carry out plans! Ugh!

Well, sorry for the whining! I mostly want to journal this so I can look back and remember what made me loose my sanity!

If anyone knows how to potty train or teach a blind kid how to chew...please feel free to give me some pointers!

3 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

Oh my gosh cuz that is so hard. I don't think I could do it. You are one amazing mom!!

LeAnn said...

Amber, you are such a dear. I am so grateful to have such an awesome son, daughter and wonderful grand children. I love that you are doing this journaling. Even the times you are frustrated; you still make me smile and laugh. Maybe you should write a book. Your experiences would help many others. You have already done the TV appearances; think about a book. You are the best!

Kam said...

Holy Cow, Am! I have NO idea what to say about all those hard things. Waaay out of my realm of experiences. I definitely think you're fully entitled to an occasional whine, with such unique circumstances. You do such an AWESOME job with all you've got on your plate, and all you've learned about working with a blind child. I love the way you seem to celebrate all Averi's accomplishments -- playing the piano, her walking and talking, etc. You seem to keep such a positive attitude, though some of the things you're dealing with must make you feel so inept at times. I think you're doing a great job!I guess those things on your list are things that you're just having to work on one day at a time. Hang in there!