Friday, October 17, 2008

What about Bob?

I have a new construction worker named Bob here today. This is how I met him: I was in my office/laundry room looking up fireplace Mantles on my computer (I was home alone). My office is currently in my "mud room" which leads into my garage. All of a sudden I can hear my garage door closing...weird! Then I hear a man talking...even more weird! I thought "James must be home for some reason" so I got up and opened the door and this very odd guy was standing there talking to himself trying to open my garage door again. He said "I thought that was your doorbell". What?!? Bob is about 60-something, sort of looks like the wizard on The Wizard of Oz, smells like cigarettes and talks like Elmer Fudd. He seems like a nice enough guy though! Just funny.

My favorite part of it all was he pulled up in a huge blue Buick boat with a cloth top. I was thinking "is this your construction vehicle"? Then he unloaded it and left and came back with an old beat-up truck with a handicap sticker, and a guy with huge earrings in his ears. My life is sure full of interesting people lately! Only a week or so and then I will have our normal contractor back (who probably thinks I'm crazy!). I can hardly wait to post new pictures of my basement, I am sooooo happy!

6 comments:

Julie Loftus said...

Wow, Amber! "Bob" sounds like a real winner. Make sure you're never alone in the house with that man again!!

Smith Family said...

I hear the basement is coming along! That is so weird a guy would be talking to himself and not go to the door!?? WEIRD! I miss talking to you in Young Womens you are so fun and amazing. Misty's James said he thinks you are awesome and can feel the spirit very strongly in your home. You truly are an amazing person you are always smiling!! Keep it up your doing good!

Ritch in Love said...

That description of Bob was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Scary! I would've called the police, before even investigating. I am that parnoid. We get salesman down our block every week and I never answer the door. It's too risky these days. You never know!
Sound like this Bob guy has a few screws loose:) Be careful!

Pamcakes said...

I love that story, I might have to "accidently" have to stop in when your construction workers are there so I can see what ya mean.

Anonymous said...

You've won an award, check out my blog for details.

:) Love, Tiff