Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hola Amigos!!!!!

We have been sooo busy! We had Taylor's baptism, birthday, and then we had to do lots of insulation in our basement. Taylor was so cute at her baptism, we are so proud of her. She knows more about the gospel than I ever did at her age! Thank you to Jessie, Ben and kids, Chris, Grandma's and Grandpa's Williams and Empey, Karen,Doug, Michelle, Grandma J., Amanda, Travis and family for coming on such a bad snowy night! We appreciate and love all of you! I promised her a birthday party this weekend so I had better get planning, I only have one day left, that's how I roll!


Finishing our basement pretty much is my dream come true, but putting up insulation was my worst nightmare! Whoever decided to make insulation out of fiberglass is a butt-head! I think I will get lung cancer and forever have itchy skin after that adventure. Why couldn't they have made it from something else, I don't have any other suggestions, but come on-was fiberglass their best option? What in the heck is fiberglass anyway? On a happy note... I have to brag about my superhero husband who carried 86 sheets of drywall down stairs by himself! He is so strong! I could NEVER have done that! He rocks! Our dry wallers are here today, and they should be done today too! Then taping and texture, and I will have real walls. We are doing the painting ourselves (yes, we are crazy) to save money! This is expensive! With the "great depression" and all, it had better be worth it!

(these are some "before" pictures)


My dry wallers are hispanic: Alfonso and Jose, they are very nice. Their Spanish is starting to rub off on me and Averi! I will be fluent soon. Averi wants to do all of her counting in Spanish, but I don't want to offend them, so I keep telling her to stop! She actually recognizes that they are speaking Spanish which is cool. Today Alfonso came in and I asked him what his name was and I didn't think he spoke English. I said my name is Am-ber like I was talking to a deaf person or little kid! As soon as I heard myself saying that I knew that I sounded like a moron! I can make the biggest fool of myself sometimes! He just looked at me with pitiful eyes and said O.K., smiled, and ran downstairs as fast as he could! How embarrassing!

And last but not least! You know you are too obsessed with politics when you turn on the t.v. to one of the candidates speaking and your blind daughter can recognize who it is by their voices! She says John McCain or Nobama (yes I taught her that-oops)! Maybe she can grow up to be the first blind woman president, I think she could do a better job than anyone who is running at the moment! OUCH! Yeah, I went there!

Adios Amigos!


P.S.-Why on October 11th did it snow 2 inches? This is some kind of cruel joke! We had from June 11th to October 11th without snow, that is so not long enough!


Oh yeah-I cut my hair off again! I feel so liberated!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! Amber-it makes my entire day whenever i read your blog. I am glad we are related :). And i also laughed so hard about the Nobama thing. i may borrow that sometime!

The Halls said...

I love to look at your updates, they always make me smile. Your family is so cute and I feel bad that I missed Taylors baptism. She is just growing up so fast. I love your hair cut also, you look very cute!!

LeAnn said...

Hi,
I have had a really long tiring day and you just gave me energy to go on.
Laughing really does help and I hear it speeds up the metabolism. We had so much fun with you all last week end. Love and Hugs from Mom W.

Sandy N said...

Amber I love your hair cut! Way cute.