Thursday, July 17, 2008

Potty training update!

So...I officially hate potty training (no, I have never liked it) !!!!! So far this week Averi has learned how to get out of her bed, how to outsmart our "child proof" doorknob thingys, and how to flush the toilets! We have mastered zero potty training skills! This has made me very cranky! This is how my day goes:

-Averi wakes up at 6:00 a.m. gets out of bed and laughs (very loudly) while running on her tip-toes all the way to the bathroom. She then opens the door, and then (still laughing) runs in and flushes the toilet (and then laughs hysterically)!

-I have to lock the bathroom doors and pick them every time anyone has to go potty, so my day is full of "mom, I have to go to the bathroom really bad and I can't get the door unlocked!". Honestly, I should have lost 10 lbs. this week from running back and forth.

-Bedtime...I put Averi in bed and crawl into my comfy new bed and all I hear is Averi's music getting turned up to full blast every 5 min. (because she got out of bed to turn it up, and this is the only volume level she likes), and then more laughing and running to the bathroom flushing! Nothing threatens this child, so I just have to keep getting up and keep throwing her back into her bed(as she is laughing)!

-Midnight...I am in a "zombie like state" wondering how illegal tying up a child to a bed is! Sleep time goes by so fast, I don't even feel like I laid down for more than 10 min.! The next thing I hear is laughing and toilet flushing, it is some time between 6 and 7 a.m., and it starts again!

Averi somehow has an unlocked door radar because if there is a bathroom door left unlocked, she is laughing and running to flush every chance she gets. I am going to video this for you all to share in my joy! And, the worst part is her laugh! It would probably sound cute to the everyday onlooker, but to me it is an evil villain laugh that lets me know I have been "foiled again"!

How soon until school starts again?

P.S.-I have learned where the turn off valve to our toilet is, and I try to take advantage of that a lot. I challenge everyone to learn this important skill! (whaaa haa haa ha-this is my evil laugh)! Now I can "foil" Averi's plans!

Toodles!


So here it is, she is caught wet handed! I woke up Friday morning to this! Don't forget to pause my music player first! Yes, she always spins around (it's a blind thing) , and yes I did sterilize everything she touched, including her mouth! She is nasty!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh wow! Entertaining story, but i know that if i was in your position it would not be as funny. I can jsut picture everything and it makes me laugh. Good Luck!
- Oh and that would be great if i could smell all of the scentsy things. I will be gone for 3 weeks, but will let you know sometime when i get home! Thanks

Anonymous said...

I'd hate to get your water bill. That's too funny! She is so clever.

Pamcakes said...

I am sorry to laugh at your pain, butt that is so funny.

Karli said...

i cant believe how much she will just go flush the toliet! haha

Smith Family said...

I feel for you but she is sooo darn cute! An obsession with the toilet...you have your hands full!
I love your scrapbooking you will have to show me how you did it. I have been trying to digital scrapbook for weeks and can not figure it out.

The Halls said...

That is one thing that I am not looking forward to when we have kids. You are so strong and awesome. The story is funny, but I can see where it is not so funny to you.
By the way, I love the cherry chip cake mix too, it is so good. I did finish The Host and it was AMAZING. Have you finishe it yet? Talk to you soon, Laura

The Stewart said...

That is funny! But I would have to agree with Michelle. If I were in your position it wouldn't be so funny. Sorry I didn't get to see you tonight. I'll talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

Amber this is hilarious! Whitney and I got a huge kick out of it. LOL! I'm sorry it keeping you up though. I wonder if she like the sound of running water. Try a sound machine. LOL! She's adorable.