Saturday, June 23, 2012

Welcome to our second home...

So we broke down and finally bought a second home.  No, not a cabin in the mountains, not a beach side bungalow, not a penthouse in the city either,  but a 27 ft. camping trailer.  We have wanted one for years for various reasons, and we finally broke down and made the plunge. 

The most convenient thing about our little home on wheels is that we can take it almost anywhere we want.   Besides camping, we could come and live in anyone's driveway anytime we wanted!  So, you better watch out, you may wake up one morning to some "yard guests".  (BTW,  if you could e-mail me your yard/driveway measurements and your outdoor outlet placements I would really appreciate it!)  ; )  Ha ha ha!

Here are some pictures:

dining and living room
"King Dad and Queen Mom" easy chairs






kitchen and hallway to bedroom
The best feature!!!






We are so excited to go on our first camping trip with a real toilet!  We have some "stage fright" problems in our family which make camping with a porta-potty very miserable!  Also, we are thankful for a microwave and a t.v.!  Not really roughing it huh? 

Now, I want to find ways to incorporate some of my own decorative touches...stay tuned! 

WATCH OUT WORLD-HERE WE COME!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Amber!

I love it - I can hardly wait until Thursday to "on the road again"!! You will just love your trailer . . . I promise . . . it is a good thing. . . ;0) No more stage fright, no more stinkiness, perfect in my opinion!!

I'll call you for more details about food!

Hugs and Love,
Mom

P.S. I don't suppose any of the kidos will want to stay in our trailer!? . . . :0(

LeAnn said...

I love it and you can come and park in my driveway whenever you want. We are excited for you. I am sure you are going to have tons of fun doing little get aways when you can.
I know at my age I don't think I could enjoy the actually camping and sleeping on the ground.
We look forward to see you all soon. Love you much! Mom

Kam said...

Yay!!! This looks like so much fun! I'm glad you got it. congrats. Come see us. :) :)