Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kickin' It Into High Gear!

Taylor and I goofing around while the boys were gone camping!  We love our "girl time". 
Averi got some glasses!  I don't know if they help or not, but she is so dang cute wearing them!  She actually likes wearing them too...time will tell. 


*We have had such a BUSY year already!  James and Christian have already had 2 scout overnight camping trips (I wish I had pictures).  I don't know if I mentioned it, but James is now the 2nd Counselor in the Young Men, which means he is over Christian's class.  I love that they are together! 

*I just got put in as the 1st Counselor of Primary.  I love primary, it is kind of like a marathon every Sunday...crazy!  I am excited and since I was recently the Secretary I could jump right in.  Of course, I'm going to miss the Ward Bulletin, it was the BEST calling!  I knew it couldn't last long. 

*My Grandma Empey passed away from cancer on her birthday Jan. 14th, she was 83.  It was sad and good because she was so sick.  

*James and I also got to go on a "business trip" together in January too!  It was for the hospital and patient experience improvement, so I attended for my volunteer position.  We took the kids and they stayed with  their Grandma and Grandpa Williams while we were in our meeting, they had a lot of fun.  It was so nice of them to keep the kids for us!  James had to present in front of a ton of people!  He did so good.  I married one smart fella!  I kinda love him-A LOT!!!

*James and I just got back from Mesa Arizona. We flew from I.F. there for a really quick trip.   Averi's Aide from school- Renae- just got married in the Temple there.  I am so lucky to have been to so many Temple Sealings lately!  Each one was such a unique experience!  I have learned so much.  Renae married a wonderful man who's wife passed away from cancer a few years ago and she has been divorced for a few years too.  I am so happy for them!  We loved getting to go to her wedding!  It was really sweet! I wanted to pick fresh fruit from the trees on the Temple grounds, but James wouldn't let me-I bet those limes and grapefruit were the best ever!!!!  I don't think they would have cared!

We went to the Phoenix Zoo and spent a couple of days just having fun together.  It was an awesome Valentine's Day trip.  I had so much fun just laughing and spending time with him, he is THE BEST husband in the UNIVERSE!! My parents were so kind to once again keep our kids for us.  I think I would be insane if it weren't for our awesome parents and the help they give us with our kids!!!  I LOVE THEM!

*Now it's back to the grind!  I guess we have to pay to play.  James is swamped at work!  Poor guy!  I have to find something meaningful to do for my hospital volunteer job, plan some Sharing Times and one 5th grade Valentine party for Taylor's class, and try to wean myself from diet Dr. Pepper.   Maybe I give off the wrong impression that I am sane or something?  I need to quit that!

*Oh yeah!  I can't forget to mention that in Arizona we went out with our friends the Chattertons after the wedding and we ate Alligator at the Islamorada restaurant in the Bass Pro Shop.  It was good but weird, it had a funky texture like it was chewy and had goosebumps.  I felt like the people on that "Swamp People" show, but with all of my teeth.  I honestly don't know how they chew alligator with their lack of teeth!  YIKES!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

You can always make me chuckle and smile. I am so glad I have you for a daughter; you are the best. All your adventures sounded way fun and we certainly had fun with our dear grandchildren. Of course, you already know that I love reading your blog and am happy when you do a post. I love the new Valentine layout.
Blessings to you and lots of love too.

Jason and Kerri Allen said...

Great to hear from you, Amber. I miss you and want to come visit you soon. Want to go Stickin' sometime?