Friday, November 13, 2009

Thankfulness's

As I stated on my Face Book today, I am thankful for school. I get to send my kids there all day and they get smarter while I have a lot of freedom. I have been waiting for this all of my life. I love my kids sooo much, but I love them even more when I get a little "mommy time".

Today they are home from school. The only thing that is keeping me sane so far is the fact that I bought a Dyson vacuum last night and they are very fascinated by it for some reason. It's like a visitor from another planet. They keep hovering around it and pushing buttons to see what happens. I am going to use this to my advantage and bribe them to clean and let them try out the new contraption. Oh the mom tricks I can pull out of my sleeves! I am a genius!

This year is flying by so fast. I want to freeze time. But only if is during the school year in the Fall, not summer when my kids are home fighting all day. They are at such fun ages right now. I told them both a couple of weeks ago that I am their best friend and they have to tell their best friend who they have crushes on. It didn't work! I then tried to bribe them with $5.00 if they told me, and that didn't work either. I am doing something wrong. I will have to come up with a sneakier plan! I need to know these things dang it!

4 comments:

Barb said...

"You're gonna miss this" - listen to that song really close. It's true, all of it! Christian was so cute, showing me all of the things that were different about your new vacuum cleaner and mine - he has it all figured out! I love you and your little monkeys. Love, Mom

Pearl Girl said...

you are so funny, I wish I could go to Bunko so bad!!! you guys better call me again next time. Guess what Rawlin deleted your number off my phone again. I need to put your name under z so it doesn't come up so fast when he finds my phone. So call me! I forgot to tell you that a lady in my ward subbed in taylors class a few weeks ago, I asked her about Tay, it was so funny. HAHA

LeAnn said...

This is a very late comment; but I did read this earlier and didn't comment. Amber, I love you because you always make me smile. I need you to blog more so I can laugh and smile more. You are the best and I love you much! Mom

Mom 1 and Mom 2 said...

I've got a late 5 year old - his bday is in October so he was just BARELY too young for Kinder this year - he was sad and I was brokenhearted! I know I should apprectiate having him for one more year but I'm so ready for 5 hrs a day to myself! Of course, now I have a 4 month old so I'm back where I started!