Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tip Tuesday: Lazy mom idea # 2

So here is a tip that not everyone can or would do!  This year instead of going through all of the stress of the first day of school, I found an easier way to do it:

GO TO VEGAS AND LET MY MOM DO IT!!!!!

I know you are thinking I am an evil mom and that I am mean, but it really didn't happen on purpose.  James had a work trip scheduled and wanted to take me with him to have a break after a LONG summer with the kids.  Nice huh?  Well...our school district decided to move our first day of school back 9 days!!!  Ahhhhh...now instead of my kids missing a couple of days of school, I have to have my WONDERFUL, KIND, MARVELOUS,SWEET, PATIENT, AWESOME mom come over and do the "first day of school" thing while we are gone.  We leave the 29th and school starts the 30th.  Why do they do this to me!?  I already have a guilty conscience about EVERYTHING, now it is missing the first day of school  AND making my mom do it for me!  I will loose LOTS of sleep over this one. 

So...if you see my mom call her Saint Barbara because that is what she is!  I can't repay for for this one, I will just have to "pay it forward" for someone else when I can!

THANK YOU MOM!!!!!!!!!  I LOVE YOU!!!! 

Remember that you are really giving me the gift of sanity!

5 comments:

Barb said...

I love you!! I am so sorry you are stressed out - just remember, I won't always be young and limber!! One day, you might have to get me ready for my first day of adult daycare!! Just kidding . . . I don't mind at all, it will be fun doing the first day of school again - believe it or not, moms miss that kind of thing :0) I just hope you have a fun time, without worrying about the kids. See you tomorrow! Love you!

Kam said...

How fun for you and James! And yes, your mom IS a saint. Hope you have a great time, and I hope your kids (and mom) enjoy their first day of school.

LeAnn said...

The smile today is really big. I think your mother is an angel. I think my grandchildren and her's also are going to have a great moment without you. Have fun and get rested for once; you need the break. By the way when you have another event like this I had better get the children. You don't have to come; but the children do.
See you actually have more than one person who wants your children; you need to take advantagle of that.
Have fun my dear daughter.
Hugs and loves to you! Mom W.

Pearl Girl said...

hope you had fun in Vegas. good luck with school. are you gonna work?

Pamcakes said...

You are so awesome, don't worry they will have another 1st day of school next year! You have a great mom. I hope you had lots of fun!!