Monday, February 2, 2009

Don't look at me-I'm hideous!

I have been in hiding because I have a HUGE black eye from snowboarding on Friday. I decided to learn how to snowboard with James and the kids. James has been snowboarding since he was in high school, and the kids are learning with their school, so I thought it would be a good idea to learn. I am doing o.k. so far, but Christian and I kind of got our butts kicked by the ski lift and we ended up in a nasty wreck. I of course didn't have a helmet on that night so I got nailed in the temple with the side of Christian's snowboard. Then when we got to the bottom of the hill my hand got totally cut from my bindings-it was NOT my night! I almost passed out from all of the blood! I am turning into a wimp! I wish I would have gotten a video to share, that would have been so funny!

Overall I think it is sort of fun, and I know I will like it the more I go. I am going with the kids 2 more times this month. Let's hope I live through it!

t

5 comments:

Kjerstin said...

So that's where you were yesterday! At least you're the cool mom that will snowboard with your kids. I would end up in a full body cast or something knowing my luck! :)

The WIlloughby Family said...

Love the Eye!! I couldn't for my life convince Emily that the picture of you and the kids was you. She was convinced that it was me in that picture. Funny huh!

Peabozzle said...

Sorry to hear about your misadventure, Amber! The injuries will heal, and you will have the fun times to remember. You are braver than me....no way I am getting on skis or a snowboard. I will stick to snow shoes! How are things with you guys otherwise?

LeAnn said...

I feel sad you got hurt. I love that you are brave enough to try again.
I am afraid that snowboarding is way to cold for me. Of Course, my age is the bigger factor for me not wanting to get cold.
Loved the pictures; I think this is an awesome family adventure. Way to go! Love, Mom

Ritch in Love said...

Gotta love Snowboarding War Wounds!